Friday, April 1, 2011

New outfit

Its not quite a 'spring' outfit but its done and I can't wait to wear it!!

Ta-Da!! The skirt is done!!

My sister picked up this skirt (the grey one to the side there -->) way back in '05 for me. She had worn her red one (just like it) to my house. I loved the flow it had. I couldn't believe she went out and bought me the grey one. Needless to say I've had it a while now and its been thru a lot of wear. Every time I've worn it I've thought about using it as a pattern to make more. Laziness ..oh pure laziness. I finally made a pattern from it (this past week), without taking it apart (one of those side effects of laziness, haha). The pattern came out very well and was incredibly easy. Its 4 pieces. Front side, front split, back, and waist band. It took longer to take pictures than it did to make it. 
The skirt fabric is lightweight knit. I know I've had this stashed away, for a while, with the intention of making a nice fall dress or skirt and wrap top. I didn't realize HOW much I had bought at the time. Turns out I have more than enough for a dress and a top even after making this skirt!!






Close up of the crocheted tank top (just about done)



Last month while I was Artwalk I was working on the crochet top above. Its just about finished. Just need to bind the edge and add the straps. 






I'm really happy with how this outfit has turned out. I plan on digging thru the fabric stash to make some more skirts soon. 

I still find it amusing that as a child and young adult I despised wearing skirts and now I find myself wearing dresses and skirts a lot. 


I'll be posting this up on my burdastyle profile and will get the pattern scanned/instructions  if anyone is interested.   
 Keep on stitching.

2 comments:

  1. What a fun and flirty skirt. I would really love the pattern for this ... Can you link it once it's done? Thank You!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will mos def link you once its up. I will try to get the pattern up in the next few days.

    ReplyDelete