Sunday, February 5, 2012

I thought I would try my hand at making a wallet. I failed at the wallet but learned what needs to be fixed. My failure resulted in a nifty little zipper pouch at least.

I've seen the card holder wallets everywhere but never find one that I REALLY like. I will keep trying at it until I come out with one that works. Below are the pix of the project.

I love the color combo and the fancy stitches...but as far as holding cards in place, it fails.

Machine Embroidery Adventure

Very excited that I finally got around to trying out the Machine Embroidery on the Bernina B330.

Even though it only has one set of letters (in basic block font) and numbers its still pretty darned cool. I tried it out on some felt to get a feel for how it works.

Hit the "A" button and use the left or right < > directionals to find letter. Drop presser foot (no need to change the foot from the main foot, COOL) and sew. It does take a little time to get a feel for when to stop and punch in the next letter. I haven't tried to memory option with the M.E. but it would be helpful as to not have to seek the same letters over and over for multiple projects using the same words or numbers.

Will be doing a little more tinkering with embroidery soon. Next time free hand!