Sunday, January 1, 2012

Holiday Catchup

My oh my its been a while. Lots of work and unpacking over the past few months. I did get a chance to get some Holiday sewing done. I decided to try my hand at making fun beanies. I couldn't find a pattern so I freehanded one. It took a little altering but I finally made one that worked out.

The first try left me with a very tight fit. Granted the hats I wanted to make were for an 11yr old. I hope they fit!

This was the first try:

The pattern:

My project was inspired by a picture the munchkin doodle had on his FB page. Its a Vampire Bunny. He seemed to dig it a lot so I decided to make a beanie and stuffie of the Vampire Bunny.

Project time: 5hrs

Materials used:
- The Bernina B330
-cotton label
-Fabric paint
-Embroidery Thread
-Braided black yarn

The Stuffie almost done:

The finished beanie!!

The two finished pieces:

Hopefully I'll get a picture of him in it soon.

I'm not sure that I remember ever sewing really thick layers before but the Bernina really handled them well. I was shocked at how thick the layers of fleece and felt got. I had pondered doing some free hand embroidery but decided that will wait til the next project.

Hope everyone is having a great Holiday season!! Best Wishes for the New Year. Happy Stitching.

No comments:

Post a Comment