Monday, May 30, 2011

Spats and Straps **Updated!

The most sewing I've done in the past 2 weeks has been making Spats (to fancy up my heels) and Recycled Seatbelt Guitar Straps. I should have some pix up soon for both and a little more about how I made them.

** Updated **
Here are the pix of the straps I mentioned.


Hanging up to dry after a good washing


another shot while drying.


Green Bikes screen printed on grey recycled/upcycled seatbelt webbing. (I made the bike graphic as well)


A shot of both the brown and grey straps. The brown has stars screenprinted.

I also made a few crocheted Guitar Straps. They have been tried and tested. Worked amazingly well even if they look like thin scarves. :D




The crocheted straps were a single stich a chain of 7 and go as long as you feel you need to comfortably support your guitar.

The seatbelt straps were cut from a standard sized strap and I made my own tabs for the ends.


I've been patiently awaiting the info to get my new Bernina machine. I really can't wait to get it. I've had so many issues with my current machine lately. Trying to get a nice straight line has been hard. ugh.

The June Artwalk is only a few days away. I'm trying hard to get all my current projects finished up before then. I came up with a new wallet pattern and haven't had the time to execute it yet. Hopefully I will be doing that later today.

** UPDATED **
I ended up missing Artwalk this month. A huge bummer. I was looking forward to the new location a friend had suggested selling at. Hopefully next month will be better and I can make it back out there.

Happy Memorial Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment